Design and develop state of the art software in a company with a clear strategic focus.
- 8 years of software design and development, including 6 years in Java.
- 4 Years of team and project management.
- Very strong in server side development, networking, security and Unix administration.
- Fast learner, team player and very motivated.
|Operating Systems :||UNIX ( Solaris, Linux ) - System programming, Network and System administration, Security -, Windows 2000/NT/98, MS-DOS, OS/2.|
|GUIs :||X11 ( Xlib, Motif, XView ), QT, Java ( AWT & JFC ), Windows , OS/2 PM.|
|Internet :||TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, NNTP, HTML, CGI, Servlets.
Design setup and administration of complex server farms.
F5 Big IP Load balancer setup and admininstration.
Linux firewalls and Security.
|1990-1993 :||MS Computer Science, Institut Superieur d'Electronique de Paris (ISEP) - Paris, France.|
|1988-1990 :||BS Mathematics, lycee Janson de Sailly, Paris ,France.
724 solutions : Company developing financial applications for mobile devices.
Vice President Development
- Participated in the elaboration of the new Security infrastructure for the ezlogin.com aggregation product, to meet the tighter security level requested by Financial Institutions.
- Worked together with Bank of America's technical team to produce a custom version our aggregation product for Bank of America.
- Managed, on the technical side, the re-launch of the Ezlogin.com's aggregation product under its new name LiveClips
- Moved away from the current version of LiveClips to head the design and specification of a new version of 724's aggregation product : LiveClips version 2.
- Headed the "Technology Committee" which was in charge of evaluating and reviewing technologies to be used in new versions of the product.
- Participated in the design sessions and the design reviews of new products.
- In April 2001, 724 Solutions decided to move away from the aggregation business. New product development was stopped, most the the team was dismissed and I was chosen to head a "customization and maintenance team" of LiveClips version 1, composed of 5 Engineers.
- The team successfully delivered and helped launching two customized versions of the LiveClips products to two Asian customers : Nomura Research Institute in Japan and Hanvit Bank in Korea.
- Leaded the technical discussions and headed the customization and release cycles to the customer, as well as support of the production sites.
|Feb 99-Jun 00:||
Ezlogin.com : Startup developing web aggregation products.
Director of Engineering/Chief Technology Officer
- Started ezlogin.com together with the 2 founders and 2 other Engineers.
- Hired and managed the engineering and QA teams.
- As Director of Engineering and later CTO, helped the company grow from 3 to 30 people, including a subsidiary in Paris, France.
- Went through the process of talking to VCs and securing funding. Ezlogin.com raised $600k as seed money from private investors and later over $5M from both corporate investors ( Intuit ) and VCs.
- Managed the development and release of new versions of ezlogin.com's aggregation product, over a period of one year.
- After 18 months of existence, the company was acquired by 724 Solutions : see press release.
- Headed and participated in the design and development of the following ezlogin.com applications : server based password management and intelligent bookmarks, group surfing and account aggregation.
|Oct 98-Jan 99:||
PlanetWeb : Startup developing embedded web browsers.
Senior Software Engineer
-Participation in studies and development to add Java support into PlanetWeb's embedded web browser.
|Mar 97-Sep 98:||
Novita Communications : Java Startup developing multimedia communication products.
Director of Engineering France, Senior Software Engineer
- Contributed to the release of 4 major products.
- Hired and Headed the Paris based engineering team.
- Designed and implemented a web based email system ( using servlets and RDBMS through JDBC).
- Designed and implemented a web based multimedia greeting cards server ( using servlets ).
- Developed a Digital Photo Gallery and implemented internationalization support in Novita Liveletter 1.0, a Java multimedia email client & web browser
- Developed an appliance version of Liveletter to run on Java embedded systems.
|Nov 94 - Feb 97 :||
Alcatel Telecom, Broadband division
|Within the "Alcatel 1000AX ATM switch" software development team, co-designed and implemented the networking layers ( TCP/IP & X25 ) and the graphical interface ( Xview & Motif ) of the ATM switch's exploitation terminal. The coding was done in C in a Solaris environement.|
|Nov 93-Nov 94 :||
1 year military period
|Development of features on an ISDN based encrypted telephony network. ( C & 68040 assembly cross-platform)|
|Feb-Jul 1993 :|| Matra Communication, digital TV division
|Design and coding of an MPEG1 video encoder. C in a Windows environment.|
- French citizen.
- US Permanent Resident ( Green Card holder ).
- Fluent in English.
- Co-created FranceWay to promote France's culture, tourism and traditions.
- Wrote JavaNews a Usenet News reader written in Java.
- Wrote a KDE applet to display stock quotes, using C++ and QT.
- Developed a patch to CVS to allow a per user access control to different branches of the same module.
- Wrote a Linux kernel patch to allow the Sharp Zaurus SL5000D to communicate to a Linux based PC over USB.
- Wrote a low level C program as a proof of concept of TCP session Hijacking.
- Developed a prototype of a Linux kernel module to enhance system security.
- Found and fixed a security flaw in the linux TCP/IP stack.
- I enjoy jogging, mountain climbing, ski and swimming.
- Excellent references upon request.